Thursday, December 11, 2008

RSS should be called 'today on a page'

Hiya scribblers and tappers,
thanks for the lesson in RSS - what a breeze it really is. I am excited about all of this. The little video was excellent and clear and as I was already registered for google reader, as you all are, it was just a matter of adding URLs I want to subscribe to. I went to my regular stuff related to music, news and events, visual arts etc and had a question regarding facebook if anyone can answer it - is it possible to receive RSS feeds of friend's updates like it is possible with Flickr?

That's it for today. Tomorrow I might try adding some comments to your blogs and maybee putting up some pics of my kids (how exciting for y'all.)

Irena / Scitech, prima bloggerina.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think rss works for Facebook. Sometimes you can get a feed off sites that don't have an obvious feed and depending on the rss reader you're using you can test the url on the page you're interesting in to see if a feed is available. I can test with my email program at home, Thunderbird (which is why I'm posting this comment today), but the Facebook News Feed page doesn't seem to have rss. Probably for privacy I'd say - you have to log in to see the news feed. Julanne

    ReplyDelete