Friday, January 30, 2009

this bod trod pod vod

Now this is what I call fun.....I decided it was time to create a YouTube account so I did and linked it with my google account. Now you tube appears on my i google page along with my google group, gmail log in, my RSS feeder/reader, and this blogger as well (sounds so rude) - so google is looking like my main portal today - I've just got to see if facebook can appear there too but another day.

My desire was to upload a video of my kids to this blog but I realised I can only link to a video which sits on a server somewhere (duh). To get the video from my home computer to my work space, I exported it from i photo at home in a smaller format and uploaded it to temporary large file platform that is FREE called YouSendIt - files stay up for seven days before being automatically deleted, giving plenty of time to email the URL to friends or yourself in another location. So my first 'shared' video is currently uploading to YouTube. It will appear on this blog soon if all goes as planned.

In the meantime I have homework to do. I am a huge fan of 70's funk and YouTube is a place where I explore a lot of music, before trying other sources like my space and last fm. I know that some clever people have already digitised this fantastic old video footage of Stevie Wonder's
Superstition on Sesame Street from 1973. The coolest kids show EVER. (I have this on video tape - a personal treasure) It is GOLD. The black kid in the red jumper going bananas dancing on the staircase....that's me.



The pod/vod cast I subscribed to via RSS is Lee Lefever's CommonCraft channel on you tube. Who else but!

Enjoy the music and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment